This was our first attempt at holding a “virtual meeting”. The best thing we can say is “the next one will be better” and “we’re learning.”
Some lessons learned:
- Live streaming takes a lot more knowledge and effort than we have at this point. Pre-recording and uploading is the better option.
- The uploaded file should be uploaded the day before so that any problems that may come up can be addressed.
- We waited until the afternoon of the meeting to upload the file in an effort to include the latest COVID-19 information for this county. A better option would be to have that as a separate short video rather than making it part of the longer meeting video.
- Using the on-camera microphone just isn’t sufficient. We will have two other options for the next meeting: wired lavaliere microphones and a shotgun microphone.
- Audio processing through software helps, but it is no substitute for recording good sound right from the start.
- It is important to have good notes and to rehearse enough that the presentations go smoothly.
First Aid and Medical Kits
Take a look at this earlier blog post for details about the “Green kit” which is a trauma kit and part of the Mass Casualty kit.
This is the Contents and Locations sheet for the ALS kit made by Dyna-Med. Note that the contents of this kit are different from what is supplied by Dyna-Med. We have added some items and removed some items to suit our specific needs. This sheet is our own creation, and not furnished by Dyna-med.