August 12: Water Matters, etc. – Water purification using pool shock chemicals, making soap papers, using drinking straws as small containers.
- Installing the Bison water pump – hand pump in the same well casing as a submersible electric pump.
- Bison water pump review
- Shallow well pump from Lehman’s
- Water purification – Dry High Test Hypochlorite (HTH) has unlimited shelf life, and is used to make liquid bleach which is used to purify water. (see also WHO docs)
- Straws – DIY mini-storage solution. Use the largest diameter clear drinking straws you can find. Examples
- Paper soap – adding liquid soap to dissolving paper