- The sun goes through 11 year sun spot cycles. These cycles affect the amount of solar radiation that the earth receives, but the effect on our climate is minimal.
- The 11 year sun spot cycles are within a larger cycle that is, itself, within larger cycles. The largest of these cycles have such an impact that they can shape human history and natural history on a grand scale.
- A Grand Solar Minimum cycle occurs about every 200-400 years.
- A Super Grand Solar Minimum cycle is what produced the Ice Age, when glaciers covered much of the land mass.
- The Little Ice Age went from the 16th to the 19th centuries, with particularly cold periods around 1650, 1770, and 1850.
- The Maunder Minimum was a period from 1645 to 1715 when sunspots were extremely rare. This coincides with a period of low temperatures.
- The sun has four magnetic fields. In the last Little Ice Age, two of those fields were out of phase. At this point, all four of the sun’s magnetic fields appear to be going out of phase.
- While climate change prediction based on changes in the sun is not an exact science, it appears that a period of colder temperatures may very soon be upon us – possibly much colder.
- If the models predicting a Super GSM are correct (and at this point, they appear to be the most accurate), then the future, for several hundred years, will be not just colder, but extremely cold.
- Ice core samples and other evidence indicate that temperature drops can happen very rapidly – not decades, but years or even less.
- Note that while we may welcome some cooler summer temperatures here in Florida, the effects of just a couple of degrees of cooling would have world-wide disastrous results – food production would be adversely affected, and an unstable atmosphere brings with it severe and rapidly changing weather.
- Don’t look for this to become a media issue until the situation has gotten to the point where it is just impossible to ignore. They have pushed man-made global warming so hard and so long that they cannot afford to reverse course. They cannot admit that they were wrong.
- For the most part, preparing for Grand Solar Minimum (GSM) is no different from prepping for any of the other civilization-threatening scenarios (EMP, CME, global war, financial collapse, etc.). Take action accordingly.
- The biggest issue for those here in central Florida will likely be the food shortages that will affect everyone. Part of that will be the near-certain violence brought on by hungry and desperate people. Defense will likely be a major consideration.
- Duration will exceed any realistic storage-only plan. Be able to grow as much of your food needs as possible. Location will be a critical factor.
- Dealing with extreme cold is something that we just don’t think about down here in The South. This article from ammo.com will get you up to speed on that topic.
- As always, the question to ask is “Are you prepared to be wrong?” – regardless of whether you believe something will or will not happen.
All you really need to get a basic understanding of Grand Solar Minimum (including Super Grand Solar Minimum) can be found at Super GSM Info – the web site of Charles Scott.
SpaceWeather.com – SEP 28, 2018:
THE CHILL OF SOLAR MINIMUM: The sun is entering one of the deepest Solar Minima of the Space Age. Sunspots have been absent for most of 2018, and the sun’s ultraviolet output has sharply dropped. New research shows that Earth’s upper atmosphere is responding.
“We see a cooling trend,” says Martin Mlynczak of NASA’s Langley Research Center. “High above Earth’s surface near the edge of space, our atmosphere is losing heat energy. If current trends continue, the upper atmosphere could soon set a Space Age record for cold.”
Links for more information:
Winter is Coming
Europe Coldest in Years
Super Grand Solar Minimum – “Zharkova was one of the few that correctly predicted solar cycle 24 would be weaker than cycle 23 – only 2 out of 150 models predicted this…Her models have run at a 93% accuracy and her findings suggest a Super Grand Solar Minimum is on the cards beginning 2020 and running for 350-400 years…The last time we had a little ice age only two magnetic fields of the sun went out of phase. This time, all four magnetic fields are going out of phase.”
Little Ice Age – Wikipedia
John A. Eddy – Wikipedia
1816 – The Year Without a Summer
Presented at Actuaries Conference – with billions of dollars in insurance money at stake, they focus on facts. Sydney, Australia, 2013. Remember – follow the money.
Dark Winter – the book written by John L. Casey describing Grand Solar Minimum and the data behind the projections.