Random notes from our meetings
August 12: Water Matters, etc. – Water purification using pool shock chemicals, making soap papers, using drinking straws as small containers.
- Installing the Bison water pump – hand pump in the same well casing as a submersible electric pump.
- Bison water pump review
- Shallow well pump from Lehman’s
- Water purification – Dry High Test Hypochlorite (HTH) has unlimited shelf life, and is used to make liquid bleach which is used to purify water. (see also WHO docs)
- Straws – DIY mini-storage solution. Use the largest diameter clear drinking straws you can find. Examples
- Paper soap – adding liquid soap to dissolving paper
July 8, 2017: The AR15 and it’s Variants, and Accessories – including night vision options, both rifle mounted, hand held, and starlight type. It will include hands-on outside demonstrations.
- Meprolight M21 sight – recommended during the program.
- FLIR LS-XR <9Hz – brought to meeting by Stephen and demonstrated.
- Never use WD-40 (or any other penetrating oil) on a weapon
- Buffer tube to Receiver connection is the most fragile part of AR-platform.
- Tactical Preparation USA, Inc. – Plans are being made for a class to be taught here. Sign-up list has been started. Date and time to be announced.
- Blueberry Cobbler recipe – Laura was asked by several ladies for the recipe for the cobbler she brought to the meeting.