Lee’s presentation on Lifeboats and Tribes
- Used the analogy of lifeboats on a sinking ship
- Use the time available to decide who you want on your lifeboat (tribe)
- This was based on an article titled Which Lifeboat Will You Choose?
- This Powerpoint presentation formed the basis of the program (.ppt file)
- The presentation led into tribe-building plans. Yes, we are going to push hard on this.
Laura’s presentation on Meat Rabbits
- This Powerpoint presentation formed the basis of the program (.pptx file)
- Housing depends on which system you are using.
- Rabbits are fast, have sharp claws, chew on just about anything, so plan accordingly
- Meat is very low in fat content.
- Figure on a dressed weight of about half the live weight.
- Duckweed makes a good feed supplement.
- Bugs Bunny was wrong – carrots are NOT a good feed for rabbits
David’s presentation on Fire Starters
- Everyone present was given a zip-lock bag with the following items:
- disposable butane lighter
- length of waxed hemp cord
- several plastic guitar picks
- This was packed into one unit with a piece of 1″ Duct Tape (you can just split regular Duct Tape if you can’t find 1″ wide tape)
- Dave demonstrated how flammable the guitar picks are
- Also demonstrated how a guitar pick can be shaved and scraped, and then ignited using a ferrocerium rod.